Estimate generator and management portal
Government employees, specifically junior engineers, are responsible for creating and managing estimates in an Excel sheet. This process involves using specific formulas for calculations. However, due to the large amount of data and records, searching, deleting, and updating records is a lengthy and time-consuming task. This process also requires deep knowledge of Excel sheet templates and is dependent on the sheet owner for access and edits. Generating estimates and getting approvals takes more than an hour, making it an impractical and time-consuming process for their work.
The Government employee(Junior engineers) are supposed to create an Estimate and manage that data and records in a excel sheet. To create an estimate they have certain formulas for calculation. And these data was huge and they have N number of records of estimates. They manage these data through excel. When they want search any record or delete the record or update the record it was quite lengthy and time consuming process and these can be done only the person who has deep knowledge of excel sheet templates. There were work dependency because of the sheet owner to access or edit the sheet. To generate estimates and to get approval took more than an hour, so it was quite a lengthy and time-consuming process which is not feasible for their work.
- To overcome the drawbacks of their work procedure we came up with the solution of automation of the data management process and Estimate creation through single portal.
- This portal is designed and developed using PHP framework and Vue.JS framework. It is highly reliable, compatible and user friendly portal. It provides all the functionality to maintain the data in very easy way. Data sorting, deleting, updating and retrieving process was made on single click and it gives result within a seconds.
- This portal also generates estimate by passing only few input values, within a seconds; which was very lengthy process in excel sheet.
#1 Assemble the right team
We handle all aspects of vetting and choosing the right team that you don't have the time, expertise, or desire to do.
#2 Sprint planning
Sprint roadmap is a collective planning effort. Team members collaborate to clarify items and ensure shared understanding.
#3 Tech architecture
We break monolithic apps into microservices. Decoupling the code allows teams to move faster and more independently
#4 Standups & weekly demos
Standups, weekly demos, and weekly reviews make sure everyone is on the same page and can raise their concerns.
#5 Code reviews
Code reviews before release help detect issues like memory leaks, file leaks, performance signs, and general bad smells
#6 Iterative delivery
We divide the implementation process into several checkpoints rather than a single deadline.
- It reduced the time taken to generate the Estimate.
- Process of data management became easy.
- Work efficiency increased
- Work Process became interesting.
- Easy to handle portal so that anyone can learn it quickly. No need any training session to learn the usage of portal.
- No more work dependency.